Thursday, June 2, 2011

Monkee Update

- Ms. Kitty is doing well. She, like all cats, is mostly nocturnal and wants to get into things while we are sleeping. Bee likes her in our room (I think he likes the idea of a pet at the foot of our bed.) It's been a little tough the last few night because we do not have central air. Therefore, we have a window unit in our bedroom, meaning the door must stay closed. She's been getting us up at around 2-3am because she needs to use her litter box. I am afraid to move the little box because I don't want to confuse her, and no, I don't want a second one in my bathroom, thank you. Last night it was cool out so we turned off the air and opened the windows and left the door cracked. However, a skunk came around and Ms. Kitty was going ape-sh*t and kept leaping up into the window and clawing at the screen and meowing like crazy. Ugh. BFF Rose's new boyfriend seems to think she is pregnant too. Great. I'm 50/50 on that though. I need to get her to a vet. Damn.

-Last day of school is, thankfully, June 8th. It was supposed to be June 7th, but we went over a day with our snow days so, it's time to pay the piper.I'll be so glad when it's done. 3 less lunches to pack. 3 less bedtimes/bath times to worry about. Ok, I really only worry about 2 bath times Haha! If laundry is not done by Sunday, oh well. AND they all plan on spending lots of time with Grandma Bee (who is officially retired as of May 31st!) and J with her mom, and C and Little Man will be gone at least 2 weeks with the grandparents of the year! Don't get me wrong, I love having them around, but when they are not home, I don't have to worry about serving a dinner at 8pm that consists of toast and some canned corn if I want. haha!

- Last two days have been H-O-T hot! I'm a tropical people, but still, ya'll. Don't get me wrong, I love 90+ degree days, but 90+ degrees in my  house that's not air conditioned sucks...especially when I get the urge to clean, or bake.

- Bee asked me to marry him. Monday night. Here's the thing: we were at our friend Rick's house who lives right around the corner. Rick has a big BBQ and swim party every Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day. The past two Summers that I have been with Bee, we have spent a lot, I mean a LOT of time at "Tucker's". Thing is, that was when Bee was with his old team, The Invaders. Tucker is the Center for them. He decided to stay with that team when Bee was basically told to take his ball and go home. Tucker is still good friends with the other owner and his wife. Poor Tucker feels like the kid who's parents got divorced. He asked us to come Memorial Day. However, that was the big Invaders party and after the spilt of the team until, well, now, there has been some mean, and nasty things said about Bee (As well as me) from the old owner's wife, and the "front office" of the team. As well as a few players. Honestly, Stephen, Bee's old partner I think really didn't say much. It was his wife and everyone else. ANYWAY, point being, it was an awkward situation, but we ended up going over there. We sat and talked to Tucker, his wife, and Stephen, and even the head coach, who used to be on the phone with Bee for 15 hours a week back when he was part owner (this coach was the biggest back stabber of the group after the split). It was good for them to talk. I think a lot of it was fake on their part, but whatever. Bee was nervous (he won't admit it) but as soon as we got there, he started drinking. Not that drinking is unusual at Rick's house...but still...my baby did like 3 shots of vodka....he gets violently ill every time he even SMELLS vodka...So, after 3 shots, and several beers, we were sitting under the canopy by ourselves for a moment just kinda talking and he looks at me long and hard in the eyes...then asks if I will marry him. I said yes, of course...but while I don't doubt that he meant it (he even said he did later when I asked) , it doesn't seem to me like that was his proposal. I mean, ever since we've gotten back together, he has said to me personally and publicly, as well as in talking to our friends about me, that he is going to marry me.....someday. And that's just it. I don't think it was so much as a proposal, as it was just another way of saying "I love you". I'll start planing the wedding when an actual ring is produced...until then...it's kinda torture to do that. Haha!

- I am about to lose my schmidt. Poor Little Man. He is the last one to leave the house in the morning...and its with me. I am usually getting ready while they eat breakfast and the girls are usually gone to the bus stop or walking out the door by the time I come out of the bedroom, so he usually gets to hear my rants because he is the only child there. I know I am not alone. I know every other mother in this whole entire universe is going through it too. I KNOW I did it to my mom and I was 150x more lazy than my kids, but for the LOVE of all things HOLY, I swear to MAUDE I am going to PHYSICALLY WHIP with a WET NOODLE the next child, no, scratch that, make it all three children because if I only caught one, it's because the other 2 did it first...who: makes a mess and doesn't clean it up, but rather looks at it, shrugs, and walks away. Who, after watching me fold the blanket, straighten the pillows, and generally pick up the living room, jumps on the couch, uses two of the pillows as pillows, and the other two for a foot rest, while covering up with the blanket...for 2.5 seconds before jumping back up and announcing they are going outside to play. Who, after I say "Please take care of that when you are done" walks away 3 seconds later, leaving it where they set it. If asked, they will say "I'll get it when I get back" Um no. How about now?! Who, after I say, every night, like a  broken record, at the end of the night, your cups must be in the dishwasher, leaves their cups on the murther.furkin.table. filled with water. Or in the mudroom. Or OUTSIDE. Or, like this morning, filled to the brim, with milk. just left. When they *know* they are not allowed to drink the milk. Why, you ask? Because I have *3* kids, who *love* milk, and at roughly $3 a gallon, I can not afford for them to use it in their cereal every morning, use it in their 234957845 boxes of mac and cheese they eat a day, use it for other cooking I do, AND for them to drink, because EVERY gosh forsaken time I let them have a glass of milk, even if I preface it with "IF YOU DRINK EVERY LAST DROP OF IT", THIS is how I find it 3 hours later...or as they are dumping it down the sink because it's "warm", after asking for a new glass and I say "IF YOU DRINK EVERY DROP". Oh yeah...and Chores. Why don't they ever DO them?! Why doesn't their Father give a rats behind? Even though he HATES to see ME get worked up and/or have to do all the chores....now I am pissed all over again...

- This weekend my siso is coming out, we have football, little man has a birthday party, and Church on Sunday (we have not been in 3 weeks :(  )  as well as Surprise BBQ for Grandma Bee's Retirement. Not enough time in the day...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm with you on the whole chore thing...but I swear, someday, after I remind them 4,000 times, they will get it. And their future husband and wives will thank me! :)

Can't wait to read about your wedding planning sometime soon!