Monday, April 11, 2011

This that and the other things

Wow, what a month it's been.

March was crazy for us. We were busy, and we were broke. Haha! We live on a shoe string budget as it is, but then Bee tried to renew his license on his birthday and they told him the State of North Carolina had his renewal blocked due to a 22 year old ticket he supposedly never paid. $400 some odd dollars later, at the end of the month, when everything is DUE and rent is coming up, we had to shell out to them. Needless to say, we didn't really have the money, so it was a lot of pasta eating, and shuffling of bills on my part. I can proudly say though, EVERYTHING got paid, nothing got shut off, and we are all good. Just trying to play catch up. At least he is getting a full paycheck now and we have $700 more a month in our budget that we haven't had in the last 10 months. Whew. I can see the light...

Football season is gearing up. We have our first pre-season game this coming weekend. Practice has been going on now 2-3 times a week for the last month or two. I love football time :) May 7th, we have a charity game and I am excited because I work with a woman who is on the board for the school we are going to be playing at. She knows about us and is getting the board all excited to work with us on this. They NEED money and renewed interest from the public, and this could help them, which would help us!

This past weekend was a lot of fun. It was the first weekend where the weather is starting to tease us with summer. I think the snow is behind us and we have been having a lot of rain and temps in the 40's and 50's, but this weekend it was in the 70's and 80's!

Friday night we had our family pictures for the church directory and as a gift for coming in and getting them done, you get a free 8X10 of your directory pose. Which is nice because I have been wanting a family picture for awhile now. I never look good in them though. This is my 3rd experience with these. The other two were with my old church, but at any rate, I think it has to do with the bright flash bulb. I am translucently white. I get lost in snow. It's always so dark in the room when they take the pictures and then you sit under that bright light and then the pop! of the flash. I am trying to smile naturally and pretty. Then the guy will usually make me laugh. Pair that with the bright light and my white white white skin, and you have a girl with GIANT wide eyes (I have big eyes anyway) and a smile that makes me look like someone just shoved something up my back end. Friday, I tried to keep my smile relaxed, and my eyes not so wide. Yeah, I came off looking high. I can't win (I'll see if I can dig up the other two when we get this new one and I'll show you)

Afterwards, we grabbed some dinner. Bee has this habit of picking a place to eat, but not telling any of us, including me, until we pull up in the parking lot. This time was no exception, and he picked a Chinese buffet. Let me just start by saying, I am not always a fan of the Chinese buffet. No one speaks English, and I always get the feeling that while it "looks" clean, that what we can't see is scary or questionable at best. Also, while I do love me some Chinese food, I totally have to be in the mood, and I so was not. Alas, this was dinner.

C and Little Man came home from the grandparents house yesterday. C told me she had the 24 hour stomach flu. Little Man started complaining of a really upset tummy Thursday night. He seemed fine Friday, but at dinner he seemed totally NOT interested in eating. Bee and I kept making him eat because he tends to NOT eat anything that is NOT Mac and cheese, Cheese Pizza, or chicken nuggets. He was unhappy with the restaurant selection and so we figured he was just saying his belly hurt to get out of having to eat what little was on his plate. Yeah, well, desert for the rest of the family was cut short when he um, got sick, all over the floor. Poor guy.

Saturday, I got up and did my work out. I did an hour long aerobics video that is equivalent to 5 miles at the end. Then, we had a bunch of people over for a bonfire. It was so much fun! When we eventually got the fire going, that's when it heated up and everyone started having a blast. Little Man and C told alll the neighborhood kids so, at 2pm that day, I had 15 kids sitting around my fire ring with all the kindling stacked inside, just waiting for dark. By the time the s'mores came out, they were wired. Is it bad that at 12:30 in the morning my kids were running around like banshees with their "spears" they made for s'mores while I enjoyed beers by the giant open flame? Nah, I didn't think so ;)

Sunday was low key and B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! It made it up to 81! I opened all the windows and we enjoyed the breeze off the lake. Later, C and I went to a friends of mine for a Mary Kay party. She played outside with the other kids while I gabbed with my friend. It was a nice day, followed by a nice evening sitting in the window seat enjoying my guy and the breeze. Last night was even better by the fact that we slept with the windows open. Cool breeze blowing and the tree frogs croaking.

Oh yes Summer, I have missed thee and can not wait for your return!

No comments: