Monday, May 14, 2012

Pictorial Weekend

While our weekend wasn't as "exotic" as last weekend, we still had a great time! We stayed close to home which was a blessing because starting in just 2 weeks, we will be away every other weekend again.

Friday, we started our evening with soccer. Bee was not feeling well, AT ALL, so I made him stay home and I went and coached solo. However, there is a family who's wee ones play on our team who's older brother plays soccer for the local college, and he ended up helping me. Yay! Ha! After practice, we came home to Grandma Bee and chili dogs! We spent time with Grandma Bee because she is going on a road trip to Georgia and then Florida, and then North Carolina on the way home and we wouldn't be seeing her until JUNE :) We ended the evening hanging out and watching tv. C apparently, had a long day and couldn't make it through the program we were watching. Neither could Ms. Kitty.

Saturday morning, we got up, got dressed, and ran out the door. We had pictures first...which is always fun. However, unlike football and basketball, they went pretty well and were organized.

Then, it was time to play our game. We played the Grey thunder wolves. We figured we had a shot because it was warm that day and we were their 2nd game, back to back of a double header. Not so much. They beat us 4-0. I just want ONE goal...just one. I don't even care if we win, but I would like our team NOT to lose in a shut-out every game! haha :) The kids had fun, which always, is what counts.

After the game, the wee ones headed off with their grandparents *gag*, and I went to Bee's practice. It was a hard hitting, high spirited one too. I just hope they can fine tune things a bit more before the season starts. We were supposed to have a game, but the team we were going to play, folded and no one else wanted to come play us. I am actually kind of glad because Saturday was a bad juju day for football. Several teams in our league had games that day. Two teams, at two different games had players go down with spinal injuries. Both left the fields in an ambulance. Another team, playing in a benefit game (that we played in last year) had a player get hit on a punt return. He went down, and will never get up again. He died right there on the field in front of his wife and 3 kids. It was a very very very sad day in football. 

I'll take a heated and spirited practice with my goofy guys any day.

Mike inviting the team to our house for a party and talking about upcoming practices. Ren is impersonating him and Tate is showing us we are #1 :)

I can't stop thinking about that player's wife and kids. Or, the player who hit him and caused him to go down. It was a completely legal hit, but it will change his life forever....

Saturday night, we were free. Well, J had prom, but other than that, we were free. I was supposed to have a candle party, but it got rescheduled and he had an open night. Bee and I grabbed lunch at 5 guys burgers, and then headed home to help J get ready for prom. She looked beautiful and her date looked handsome. Even if he does look like he could be in a movie with Tim Burton. ;) After pictures, they left and we decided to invite over some friends. The kids came home around 7:30 and we sat around the bon fire until the wee hours with a bunch of our friends. Bee cooked hot dogs, the kids ran around like banshee's and everyone had a good time. 

On Sunday, I had told Bee that all I wanted for Mother's day was to sleep in, and to have him hang my Barn Stars. He obliged, but at 7:30 I was awake. Despite the fact we were drinking then night before and did not get to bed until roughly 2am. However, my internal clock feels the need to wake me. That, and even though it's 7:30am, the birds who sit in the tree outside my open window feel the need to squawk incessantly and the sun comes up on that side of the house making it look like it's noon outside. Not to mention, a geriatric dog who only wants ME to feed her and ME to walk her. She is used to breakfast by 6:45 during the week, so by 7:30 she is almost an hour over due and OHMYGOD, she is going to starve to death. I did manage to go back to sleep and doze off and on until 8:30. Meh. 

I got up, and my Bee pulled me into the chair with him and we cuddled and watched TV for awhile. Ms. Kitty even came and joined us, which is a real treat for Bee. He wants her to cuddle and sleep with him but she never has any interest. Yesterday, she fell asleep on him. All peaceful like. Well, actually, I think she looks like the minion hell dogs from Ghostbusters...




Then our friends, the Jones's came over for a visit. I got to spend time with this little guy...which, let's be honest, it worth being jealous over ;)

After that, my Bee finally  hung my barn stars in the living room. I am a huge fan of how they look. Now, I just want to get another set and put them on the other side of the wall :)

After that, him and C and little man disappeared. I went out back to discover this...

They were playing roller hockey. It's a good thing too. C was getting huffy and whiny because she wanted to play, or do something. She is at an age still where she expects Bee and I to entertain her. She must has asked him 23487237 times yesterday if Bee would:
  • Go to the CFC (community rec center) with her and play basketball (it was closed anyway)
  • go outside and play basketball
  • go outside and roller blade with her
  • take her to Target to walk around
  • take her to Walmart and walk around
  • Take her to the movies
  • Take her to CiCi's (even though they went there yesterday with the grandparents)
  • watch a movie and have popcorn (This was after we watched a movie with her earlier...and Bee is not a fan of movies)
  • If Bee would ride bikes with her
  • take her on a motorcycle ride
  • go on a walk
  • take her for custard
and then she would start back and one, and work her way down. I keep trying to explain to her she is young, with boundless energy. We are not. Him more so than I. We are her parents. We are not responsible for keeping her entertained. Go outside and play, or call a friend over. Also, we are not made of money, and we want to enjoy one last day of REST before the week starts up and the season of no free time. I remember being there. I remember just wanting to do stuff with my parents. I was mad they wanted to just sit in the house all the time while I wanted to go out and explore with them...

Anyway, we sat around and watched TV together (they played some video games together too) and I made popcorn. Then we all headed off to bed. It was a very nice weekend all in all :) 

ps- right before bed, little man came to me and said, "Oh! I forgot your card!" and handed me a homemade card he made and got C, J, and Bee to sign for me for mothers day. Bless his heart ;)

No comments: