Monday, May 3, 2010

Arizona's new law and other World News

I am going to take a step away from my personal life and talk for a few minutes on what my views are on hot topics in the news.



Arizona Immigration Law SB1070

I see nothing wrong with this law. Why do the bleeding hearts get so up in arms about this? It's not inhumane. It's not violating any one's rights. If you are not illegal, it shouldn't be an issue for you. In fact, if our Federal Government did it's job more efficiently, and provided more support at border crossings, this wouldn't even really be an issue. Here's the thing, folks. You want to live here? That's fine. There is always room at our table. However, do it legally. That's our law. If you want to live here, you need to follow our laws. Another thing is, our national Language is English. If you plan on living here, it would serve you well to learn our Language. You are free to speak whatever language you wish amongst yourselves when you are at home but, in public, it's English. I would not move to Mexico and expect everyone to learn English for me. But, back to the original point. There is nothing wrong with this law. It's actually been the law forever, it's just that now local law enforcement can ask for proof of your citizenship.

If I, a pale faced, white, natural born citizen of this fair Country of ours is out and about, weather it's driving in my car, walking down the street, hanging out at a mall, or sitting in the park, and am believed to be causing mischief, a police officer can stop me and question me. The first (ok, maybe second) thing he is going to ask for is my Driver's License or my ID, proving I am who I say I am. How is this any different? It's not like they can walk up to any foreign looking person for no reason and say "Show me your papers". Well, I suppose they can, just like they can walk up to me and ask me to show them mine as well, but this doesn't really happen. If it does, you can sue and really, civil liberties cases really get greedy lawyers salivating. If you are legal, it's a windfall for you. If you are not? Well, you shouldn't be here anyway. It's bad enough I have to shoulder the taxes and not health care of the lazy citizens of our Country (not saying illegal immigrants are lazy, because really, they aren't. They would be a good addition to our workforce if they were legal). At any rate, It makes me happy to say I am moving to a place that is finally following the law.




Eruption of a Volcano in Eyjafjallajokull, Iceland


Ok, First of all, it tickles me beyond pink that on Earth Day, the Christmas of Tree huggers everywhere, Half of Europe is darkened by a massive ash cloud thanks to this guy. Volcano's are naturally occurring and have nothing to do with Global Warming or humans, yet the damage this guy did to the environment, not to mention the lungs of the inhabitants of the area, is off the charts. I personally think volcanoes are cool. Especially since I don't live near any. As a child though, I read this book about a Mexican Farmer who was plowing one of his fields and all of a sudden a hole burst through the ground and lava went shooting up into the sky and a new volcano was born. Scared the shit out of me. I was afraid to go outside for weeks. I was kind of a puss with an active imagination. Ha! Interesting point of mention, I did not know, until this happened, that Volcano's cause their own weather system. Their ash clouds have lightning and thunder. It still amazes me two weeks later. Bee's response? "You didn't know that?!" Hmmph. Whateve.



Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico



This sucks. Seriously. The damage this does to this already messed up coastline (thanks, Katrina). I know I make a fuss about bleeding hearts and tree huggers, but seriously, this effects a lot of people and animals. The animals are really the victims here because they can't just move. You can't give them FEMA vouchers and put them up in a hotel for a few weeks. The birds and fish get covered in that gook and can't move or breathe. Dawn dish soap is donating tons of it's product to the cause and they are already cleaning up the birds they can catch. I say set it all on fire. It can't be any worse for the environment then the massive ash cloud from the Volcano. What really is upsetting is the massive hike in gas prices this is going to cause. Sorry, but while I do care for the animals, I tend to mainly focus on how situations are going to affect me. Well, I am sure they will figure something out. They always do. I hope BP has some ideas.




Well, that's about all I have to say for now. Hopefully more tomorrow :)

No comments: