Sunday, May 2, 2010

The weekend is over..

Well, it's Sunday again. Where does the weekend go? Friday night we had a crisis. The sewer backed up into the basement and flooded the laundry room with about an inch of raw sewage. Yeah. Not fun. I had lots of laundry to do too. Bee had a game on Saturday and the kiddos were going to "her" parents house to go down to Dayton for a cousin's first communion and Bee was told to have me pack "the kid's nice things. Yeah, thanks for the advance notice...

We ended up calling a plumber who came out fixed the issue and I was able to wash Bee's things. As for the kiddo's, we just went to Walmart and bought them each a new outfit. They needed a nice summer outfit for dress occasions anyway.

Saturday morning we were up at 7am. I got the kids up and ready for Grandma and Grandpas house and Bee ran them over. In the meantime, I took my cable box back to the cable company because I am never at my home to watch it and why waste the money? Then, I picked up his 16 year old from Grandma Bee's and we came back and went to Bee's game.



The game was great! They won 18-2 and played really well. They are coming together nicely as a team! After the game, we hung out with the guys for a bit and the two teams got to talk and have a beer or two with each other and talk some football! Then, we left and met up with BFF Rose to grab some dinner and a few drinks. Afterwards, BFF Rose came back to the house and Bee went to bed while her and I stayed up to 3am cackling like the hens we are :) I love when she comes out and hangs with me. I miss her so much and I like that Bee can be included too!

Today, we all slept in and then I went to my mom and dad's to help with house stuff while Bee watched film with a team mate. After I got back, he went and got the kids from Grandma and Grandpa's house. Apparently, Grandma told Bee to tell me that she apologizes for being rude to me the one time I met her. You see, she stopped by one day when we were dating before. It was unannounced and luckily the kids weren't here. She went off on Bee, and then off on me saying some very nasty and un Christian like things to me (ie: whore, harlet, making her grand kids's house a den of inequity etc) She also apparently said to the kids as well as Bee to tell me that next time he comes out to their house, for me to come too. She wants meet me. Apologize in person. Get to know me since her grand kids and Bee seem to adore me so much. I can't be THAT bad, right?

I am horrified to go, but I will. I will go because I love and respect bee and these kiddos and I don't want to be the one thing that keeps the grandparents from seeing the kids and therefore hurting them. I know what it's like not growing up with grandparents...I will also go because I feel like I am getting painted in the wrong light. I want them to know I am not the enemy. I am not a bad person and while we will never be close, one day we will all be family in one way or another and they need to get used to me. I am horrified to go because if she starts talking to me like she did that day, well, she already got her one free pass...I won't be able to hold my tongue any longer and while I am a sweet, loving, happy girl....I have known to make people cry because of the words that have come from my mouth when they have done or said something to my family that was uncalled for....

So, that's about it. Perhaps, they will accept the fact that Bee and I are for real and I am not going anywhere and pass the message along to their daughter and Bee and I can have a normal life for the first time since we've known each other....

She shall see. In the meantime, I am going to finish my tasty beverage and head to bed! Wonder what kind of adventures I will have next week....

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ugh! What a weekend! I think you are right about Bee's Grandma...by your actions and the respect from Bee and the kids, I bet she'll come around.