Friday, December 16, 2011

So I tried a Spinning Class.....

Yeeaahh....I am going to go with "no thanks" on that. The class is going to officially start in January if they can drum up enough interest. They held this class last night so you can try it out to see if you like it for free before you pay the class fee. There were 3 of us that showed (apparently, that's enough to start up a class if we paid) and I was pretty pumped at first. Our teacher said she would teach the class and we could follow along at our own level. She said some people, when they first start out, just pedal straight through at the same pace and don't even change positions. That was ok, because eventually, they build up to doing all the moves. So we could work at our own pace. Great. I also saw who my classmates were. Grandma and Grandpa. I figured I had this...

I was wrong...

Now, here's the thing. Was the class hard? YES. Did I follow along? Mostly. I did all the moves, changed the tension when required, etc. I did do it at my pace, which was less than the speed of light that the instructor was going at, but it was all good. There were times I wanted to shoot her in her perky face, and there were times when I thought I might throw up, but I never felt like It was out of my scope of ability. In fact, I liked the work out, and felt if I stuck with it, I could be totally like Ms. Perky-face eventually. However, none of that was enough to get me through the physical pain of that rock hard bicycle seat that was trying ever so hard to smash my no-no girlie parts to bits. Um...ow? It was hurting my pelvic bone. I don't know what man invented those seats, but really? I expected a sore bum after the class, but I did not expect a sore hoohah. Nor did I expect for parts of my anatomy to be going numb.

Now, lest you think I am being a baby, I ride on the back of Bee's motorcycle every summer. I spent a lot of time on a bicycle this summer. After awhile, they make you sore. Nature of the beast. However, this was instant smashing, instant circulation being cut off, instant seat up my hoohah. No Bueno. I suffered through for a half an hour. Just when I thought we were going to be done and I could crumble on the floor and ice my parts, she announced we had about 15 minutes left. I wasn't going to last 15 seconds. I announced I had to go get my kid from basketball (I wasn't lying. I did have to go get her...however, I didn't need to for another 25 minutes...) and I peaced out.

Yeah...I think I'll try a boot camp class, or beginners yoga :)

In other news, I would say I am about 50% done with my shopping! I bought almost  all of the "big" gifts, and my shopping for Bee is almost completely done! I don't know what ya'll have on your lists, but our big "family" gift this year besides the CFC membership, was a Konnect for the xbox. Bee was going to tie that in with a new xbox (for him), and give the kids his "old" one, which is way newer and better than theirs. I tried to surprise him with the new xbox, but he was going to stop off and use his gift cards from his bonus to get it. He almost cried. :) However, In a way, it was good I told him because I bought the wrong xbox. I bought the one he has now, only difference, it has wi-fi. He wanted the the one with the 250gb memory. It all worked out though, and I fixed it and still got a killer deal. I ordered on walmart.com (I'll have it by Tuesday) An xbox 360 that comes with 2 games and the konnect for $330.00. It had FREE shipping, and as part of the deal, I instantly got a free $100 eGiftcard to be used at walmart.com. Which I then used to buy the external hard drive (that looks like a flash drive) that simply plugs in to the xbox to expand the memory to the 250gb. Now, had I bought the xbox he wanted, I would have paid $350. I still would have had to buy the Konnect. This way, I got it all for $330! woot! 

No comments: