Friday, March 22, 2013

Behold! The Beauty!



This. THIS masterpiece is/was Bee's Football cake :D Isn't it lovely? Don't you like how I even managed to get my feet into the picture? That's because I am an award winning photographer :D

Hehehe :) Yes, this is the cake that fell apart when I took it out of the pan. Whomp-Whomp. Oh well, It's still perfectly good and perfectly tasty. I didn't want to throw it away. Bee said he would not eat an un-frosted cake, sooo...well, here ya go! To make up for it, I made him my famous snicker doodle cookies that he LOVES. He would much rather eat those than cake :) The kids will make short work of the cake.

Last night our friend Reggie came out and met Bee and the kids at Bee's work (the kids wanted to go and "help")  to work on Bee's car. I silently rejoiced inside at the prospect of having the house (and the evening)
to myself for a few hours. It was bliss. I turned on my audio book on my phone (because I'm 80) and listened while I baked cookies and made awesome cupcakes for BFF Rose's going away party that is tonight. All without being interrupted or having to worry about someone else. Don't get me wrong. I love my family. I love the sounds they make that makes my house feel like there is life inside of it. But sometimes...sometimes it's nice to have peace. Especially after this crazy busy week we've had and how due to C having AAU Basketball, Track, Civil Air Patrol, AND Flag football, the next two months are going to be a blur. :)

I am not going to lie though. While those 3 hours were bliss, it was sure nice to have my crew come home :)

No comments: