Thursday, March 28, 2013

Here comes Peter Cotton tail?

This is what outside my window looks likes...




Happy Spring?!

Meh. I really shouldn't be surprised. Our weather is wacky. Still pretty though.

So this is what I've got...

- Tomorrow is Good Friday and Sunday is Easter. I Have no menu planned. I have no Easter Dinner bought. I'm broke. I haven't even reminded anyone what time to be at my house. I always have an "open invite" out there for Holidays...

- Along those lines, I have no Easter Baskets for my kids, either. Some would say 12 and 10 are too old for Easter Baskets. To that, I say I was still getting an Easter Basket of some sort from my parents up until my Dad lost his job last year and the moved to Arizona...we will find a way. We always do...it's just I'm feeling a little..."meh" about it all this year. Not that I don't appreciate Jesus dying for me. I do. But, HE doesn't require I make a big dinner, Host all the family, and get everyone over priced pastel candy and put it in a basket that will get broken or thrown out in a week.

-Bee is not one for Holidays anyway so he really cares less either way. While I feel "meh" about everything, I still feel like I can't just let Easter go by without a dinner and at least a colored egg or two...

-I think it's because I spent 6 months stressing over the wedding...through the Holiday Season, that has me all like "whatevs". Because No one is getting married. And hosting a house full of people for this holiday. 

-On an unrelated note, more for my own documentation purposes if anything, Last night was a "phone call" night. C made sure she was not home. She went with Bee to his Chalk Talk Session. Little Man said he didn't want to talk to her if she called. She did not, so it was moot....but still...

- I find I haven't had a spare moment to read anything lately. However, I love reading. I also find myself hating most music lately and not in the mood to listen to anything other than talk radio (Is that a sign of getting old? I remember all the "old" people I knew listened to talk radio...) and most talk radio is tiresome at best. So, I tried Audible. It's a free app from the app store. You have to buy books, which in my opinion are expensive (most are between $15-$25), but I signed up for the $14 a month plan and you get one free book of your choosing every month. They run deals too. Right now, there are $6 mystery's to choose from. Anyway, I've listened to 4 books in the "Odd Thomas" series by Dean Koontz and one book called "14". So far, I have really enjoyed them. "Brother Odd" in my opinion was the best so far of the Odd series and "14" was amazing. Now I'm listening to "The Killing Floor". It was on the best sellers list. I think they made a movie about it with Tom Cruise. I didn't really pay too much attention, but the main character is named "John Reacher" and I know Tom just did a movie playing a guy by the same name. Maybe it's a series. Anyway. I suggest it highly!

That's all I really have for today...  

No comments: