Thursday, March 21, 2013

How we roll

Birthday's have always been a big deal to me. Mainly, because growing up, they were made a big deal. I'm not saying that my parents spent large amounts of money, or threw big parties, but you always could be sure that the day would be about you. Bee's family, I don't think anyway, did the same thing. At least, Bee doesn't. He prefers to let all birthday's pass with a simple "Happy birthday".

I'm still working with him...

Anyway, I am always broke when his birthday rolls around. I'm not really sure why. It's the same time every year. My cousin's birthday is the 23rd and back when her and I were thick as thieves, it was the same thing. My point is, I still try to do something to make him feel special. Normally, I cook him a favorite meal, bake him a cake, and wait on him hand and foot (the latter is actually a normal thing at our house lol) I also try to get him a sweet card and an few little goodies to mark the day as special. I guess, that's because that's what I want on my birthday. Nothing big and over blown, just simple, small, and filled with proof that someone cares.

Yesterday, before I left for work, I took the cards I had bought (one from me, and one from the kids. Theirs signed like kids do, and mine with a sweet note inside) along with a bag of goodies I bought the day before (A mega slim jim, a single serving "adult juice box" of margarita, a king sized "cookies and cream" Hershey's bar, a bag of cookies and cream Lindor truffles (drool), and a giant bag of completely frosted animal crackers) and I placed them in his chair so he would find them after work as he went to relax.I also made him a football shaped cake. Unfortunately, that fell apart as I took it out of the ban. Boo. I still have to figure out what I am going to do with that. It's a perfectly good cake. Just ugly as hell and it's going to be a pain to frost...and Mr. Birthday Boy says "I will NOT eat a cake without frosting!" Humph...

All in all, he enjoyed his birthday treats :) Instead of a home cooked dinner, we went out to BW3 because the offensive line has "chalk talk" every Wednesday there, and my guy refuses to miss football...even if his birthday happens to fall on a session this year. So, we all went. In the blizzard. Because that's what he wanted. :)


Sigh.

What the birthday boy wants, the birthday boy gets :) He also got the bill...but that's here nor there ;)
All in all, I'd say he had a pretty good birthday :) Let's hope he remembers that come November 14th ;)

No comments: