Monday, May 2, 2011

The Seals have it!

It was reported last night that the U.S. Navy Seals were involved in a raid on a mansion in Pakistan and that they had an intense fire fight that resulted in all Americans safe and Osama Bin Laden dead. Shot in the head. He was on a U.S. Naval Ship and his identity was confirmed. Then, they buried him at sea.


Can I just tell you how emotional I got when I heard that? Especially when people started gathering in New York City and D.C. and chanting "U-S-A!" and singing the National Anthem, and God Bless America while waiving their flags. Or, when at the Phillies-Mets game, when the whole stadium erupted into chants of "U-S-A!" It made my heart over fill with emotion. Glad he is gone. Glad he can no longer bring his hatred, death, and destruction to anyone else. He can no longer spread his message of hate. He is burning in hell as we speak, and I hope he feels every last second of it for eternity.

Like most people, I remember September 11th like it was yesterday. In fact, I remember September 10th and 12th too. I remember how scared I was, how proud of our nation I was. How, for the first time in my young life (I was not quite 21) I felt a sense of ownership to my country. A Pride for my people. I wasn't just Joy. I was an AMERICAN and I was Proud. It changed me as a person and helped make me who I am today.

I remember wanting to join the military, join the recovery efforts in NYC, I wanted to start up my own bounty group and go over there and bring back his head! Instead, I joined the U.S.O. Supported my troops with my actions, as well as my words. I proudly displayed my flag (once I could get one. The stores sold out so fast, flags became like gold!). I became knowledgeable about my politics. I gave myself a voice.

So, on this awesome day, I say GOD BLESS THE U.S.A!!

No comments: