Monday, October 24, 2011

A whole lotta nothin!

There was supposed to be a football game up in Detroit that Bee was going to play in this weekend. It got canceled. So, that meant, we had the WHOLE weekend with NO PLANS! As an added benefit, Thursday I was handed an check from my boss and a big "thank you for being you" extra bonus that was GREATLY needed in the Monkee/Bee household. Bee and I decided it was going to be a family weekend of togetherness!

Friday night I came home and we waited for J to get done playing Tennis with her friends. Then we loaded up in my car and hit up some Steak and Shake! Little man immediately donned his hat and got to work on building his kids meal car!

After a delicious meal, we headed over to Gander Mountain, because nothing says "family" like Deer urine, guns, and hunting supplies! After that, we headed home. It was already close to 10pm, so the kids went to bed (their choice) and Bee and I stayed up and caught up on some of our shows.

Saturday, we got up early and hung out. I ran some errands, and when I got home, Bee informed me we were going to a Turkey Shoot that started at noon. It was 11am, so I hurried to get ready. We left somewhere in the neighborhood of 1pm and when we got there, they told us it was over (I kept saying, "If it starts at NOON, we should be there at NOON). It was right up the street at Mr. Lee's which is quickly becoming our favorite little spot to hang at. We stayed for some food, and a visit with our friend who met us up there, and then parted way. Them to the outdoor store, and us to the Auto Parts store to get stuff to change my breaks, and my oil. We came home, did the aforementioned things, and then came inside for movie night! We are a strange family, to say the least, so the movies we watched were Smokey and the Bandit, and Inception. Little Man, who is 8, was thoroughly intrigued by the latter. We hit the hay shortly after, enjoying the comfort of my bed after a long day.

view from the back window at Mr. Lee's.
Sunday, we hung around the house mostly. Around 1:30, Bee surprised me and loaded me up in the car and off we went. He took me shooting! Now, I have shot a gun before, but the guy I was with handed me a loaded gun and said "point it that way" and motioned toward the target. That was it. I actually ended up hurting my hand because he wouldn't show me proper form. Anyway, we shot Bee's .22, his .357, and his AK-47! I did the best with the .22, but I wasn't exactly a slouch with the .357. As for the AK, I couldn't get the proper form right, so it was uncomfortable and I shot like crap. Oh well, next time! Afterwards, we grabbed Wendy's and sat inside and just talked and laughed :) We went home and watched the Steelers win, before I went to the store for groceries, and then I came home, made lunches, and shortly there after, we went to bed. It was a great weekend! I need to enjoy the slow pace while I can. Both of the younger kids are in Basket Ball this year and that starts November 14th!

Bee shooting the .357

Me shooting the .357

Givin the AK some love

Well, I think Mr. Target man is dead!

No comments: