Monday, February 4, 2013

Post Super Bowl news

Well, the Super Bowl is over. The team I backed lost. Meh...Since the Steelers aren't in it, I don't really care :) The important thing?

My dips were a success!

Everyone loved them and also wanted the recipe :) I even brought some into work. I am sure they will love it too :) I rarely share recipes, so I thought I'd share these and that way anyone else who wants to be the hit of the party can share in my good fortune :D

Loaded Baked Potato Dip


INGREDIENTS:
16 ounces sour cream
16 slices (12-ounce package) bacon, cooked and crumbled
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions or chives

DIRECTIONS:
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving to allow flavors to meld together. Garnish with extra shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, and chopped chives. Serve with your favorite potato chips or pretzel crisps. Dip can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.


Cookie Dough Dip


Ingredients
1 8-ounce package cream cheese
½ cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1½ teaspoons vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup toffee bits
1 Cup mini Reece's cups (Like, the itty bitty ones you find in moosetracks ice cream)


Instructions: 
Cream together cream cheese and butter.
Add all remaining ingredients and mix until well-combined.
Serve with graham crackers or apple wedges.

I promise you, these are a HIT! :)





No comments: