Thursday, February 10, 2011

Things I've come to realize...

Little Man woke up this morning feeling sick. We're pretty hard core in our house and usually make them go to school and if they are truly sick, the school will send them home. However, today, he had a fever so I let him stay home.

It's only 9:30am and I have already learned a few things...

  1. One little man has never looked so pathetic. Poor little guy.
  2. Ginger ale, even the cheap stuff from Walmart makes everything better
  3. The cartoons these days have a lot to be desired and just because they are cartoons and on a cartoon channel named so because they only show cartoons, doesn't mean they are all for kids. *shudders*
  4. Commericals on the real kid channels are loud, obnoxious, and often do not make sense. However, they are colorful, flashy, and make whatever they are selling look like something that YOU.HAVE.TO.HAVE.IT.RIGHT.NOW.OMG.I.HAVE.TO.HAVE.IT!
  5. Full House runs almost all day on Nick at Night. That show is so cheesy that is surprises me the kids adore it. They were totally amused when they saw pictures of the people on the show now adays. They really thought it was a "current" show.
  6. Letting an 8 year old control the remote will give you a seizure. It will also make you wonder if they have ADD. We are currently watching 6 shows at the same time. Every time a commercial comes on, the channel gets changed, and its a new show until it's in commercial. The cycle repeats.
  7. Sponge Bob shouldn't really be for kids...but the fact he is So.Annoying. makes him their favorite.
One last thing I heard today...

C asked me "Who was that guy with the guitar and the hair who came out of the ground at the Superbowl?"

Um, that would be Slash. But, that's right, You wouldn't know nothing about that....because we're OLD!

1 comment:

Amander said...

I LOVED Full House all through middle school. I don't know why - even back then I thought it was cheesy.