Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Summer Vs. Fall




My all time favorite season, hands down, is Summer. I love summer. I love summer so much, I want to marry it! I am not sure if it's the carefreeness of it, the memories of being up late and hanging out outside swimming until dawn and then napping in the sun, or what, but it gets me giddy and impatient starting around, ooohhh..January. It always seems to come late, and leave earlier and earlier every year.

Even though I mourn Summer and my flip flops every year, I still love fall too! Being lucky enough to live in the Midwest, we get the changing leaves around here. If you remember from last year, my little town gets soo pretty during fall :) You can understand why I am conflicted this time of year :)

Summer is: Care free, warm weather, swimming, staying up late, fun in the sun, OUTSIDE, bar-b-ques, picnics, Semi-Pro football, relaxed schedule, kids get to do fun things and spend time with friends and family, drive in's, Summer nights, walks during summer nights, driving with the windows down, SUNSHINE, no school, only 2 lunches to make every night, fresh fruits and veggies from local stands, flip flops, dresses, capri's. S'mores, Bon fires

Fall is: Bon Fires, Hoodies and jeans, crisp cool air, FOOTBALL, sound of walking through leaves, leaves changing color, SCHOOL STARTS, schedules, order, hay rides, pumpkins, Halloween, Thanksgiving, time on the weekends to spend quality family time together and with friends, cooler days and nights, perfect for turning on the wood burning stove and snuggling up with a blanket and a bee and watching movies, apple picking, cider, Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING, knowing the Holidays are right around the corner...

I am going to miss my flip flops and short sleeves, but I have to admit, I can't wait for my hoodies and jackets either!!!

Snow and winter on the other hand can buzz off ;)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You are such a good writer! I always enjoy your descriptions and honest way of telling what's going on in your life.

And I second what you said about winter. :)