Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Anyone know a joke?

My mind has officially gone blank. I don't know what to write about today. The big things going on in my life are as follows:

Football

Christmas

Family


Football - Well, Bee had his meeting with the new league on Sunday in Detroit. Sounds promising. Seems like a good group of guys to be with. I am still a little sore at Bee's old team. He loved that team and wanted to take it greatness. Him and the other owner had "different ideas" and so he told Bee to go his own way. As soon as Bee did, they tried implementing all of Bee's ideas. I find it strange because I thought I knew the other owner quite well, and it really didn't seem like something he would do. Oh well, what are you going to do. The new team will be bigger, better, and get a ring!

Christmas- Decorations are done. I told Bee I've always wanted a house with lights on it at Christmas time. He totally shocked me by telling me if I bought the lights, he'd help me put them up....but only if I got white lights...more specifically , icicle lights...and they have to be LED. Haha. He's silly. This from a man who wants no part of Christmas or decorating. However, by the time I will be able to buy them, it will be the middle of December. It has also been snowing to beat the bandit, and I  don't want to be out there hanging lights. Next year.

The kids are super excited, and now that Bee knows I plan on buying presents for the kids with my bonus and putting both our names on them, he is greatly relieved and therefore getting more into the spirit of things. It sounds trivial and un-Christmas like, I know...but I too have found it hard to be excited about Christmas when you have no money. He also surprised me when BFF Rose asked where Christmas dinner was, and before I could answer he said, "At our house!"  I had kinda planned on that anyway, but I was just reluctant to tell him, since we had Thanksgiving there. I didn't want him upset about the money it takes to put a holiday meal on. However, I think he realized that having the holiday meal at your house is the best because you don't have to drive anywhere, you get most of the leftovers, and for him, he can sit in his chair all day. Ha!


Family - We're all good. For the most part. Kids all have colds. However, for the most part, it doesn't seem to be stopping them much. Little man has shoveled the driveway for us everyday now! On his own! Which is cute, because we have a snow blower...but hey, it gives him something to do and he likes it. We have Christmas concerts going on, Christmas parties at school, the latter of which I am in charge of planning for little man. Kinda makes me nervous, but I'll figure something out!

Other than that, not much going on. A friend of mine, was the recipient of a Christmas Jar. Her story has really inspired me. I have always been big on the act of giving. However, I usually focus on giving to those I know, not necessarily those in need. I want to, but then I think, selfishly of course and I am not proud, "What if I need that? What if I give $50, and it turns out that I need that for something?" So, the pure thought of throwing change into a jar all year, which is something I've been doing for about 3 months now anyway,  and then giving it to someone in need, just seems like such a great idea! In fact, I think that is what I am going to do with the jar I've been saving! I think it will be a nice gift to give next year and something I can get the kiddo's involved with too!

No comments: