Monday, January 17, 2011

Lackadaisical is the word of the day.

Or maybe the month!

Whew! I don't like leaving the blog this long! It's only been a couple of days, I know. But still. That's how blogs are forgotten!

Anyway, since I last checked in, We've been kind of crazy at our house.

Thursday, Bee had surgery to fix his finger. I took the day off to be with him and what not. I had no idea (and apparently, neither did he) what exactly was going to happen with his surgery. We didn't know if they were going to put him completely out, if they were going to cut into him or just re-break and set the finger, or what they were going to do. While sitting in the waiting room, when it was his turn, the nurse came and got him and explained that they were going to take him back and put him in a bed, get him in his gown etc, etc,and in about a half an hour I could come back and sit with him. The doctor would come out, explain what they were going to do, and then I could kiss him goodbye and come out and wait.

Well, that didn't happen. I waited an hour and fifteen minutes before asking the front desk what was taking so long. She called in the back and they had FORGOTTEN ABOUT ME! He was in surgery already. I was none too pleased. Had I not been worried about embarrassing him, I would have went off. The nurse called me and said "We're sorry. We just plum forgot that ok?" Um. No. To make up for it, she promised to send the doctor out to see me right away, and as soon as they got him situated, she'd come get me and I could sit with him until he could go home.

All went well. They put him completely out, they cut into his finger and he'll have a nice zig-zag scar. There was no tendon damage like they had originally thought, but there was tissue damage, so they fix that and put slid the bones back together correctly. He has a giant bandage on it and a splint immobilizing his last two fingers. Said splint has been the bane of my existence since Thursday. He doesn't like it one bit and it makes it extremely difficult for him to play Xbox. All I hear about is how he wants it off, like NOW. I keep threatening him with death and dismemberment should he take it off before the 24th. I also reminded him that his stubbornness and unwillingness to listen and GO TO A DOCTOR had got him into this mess in the first place.

We stopped by his mom's for lunch afterwards, and then I took him home when all of a sudden, like hitting a brick wall, he went from peppy and talking non-stop, to not being able to hold open his eyes. He slept the whole way home, then went inside and slept until 7pm. We got up, had a little bit of dinner, then, we were in bed by 9:30.

Friday we both went to work, then afterwards, went to football practice. He really wanted to practice with the guys, but knew he couldn't, so he just paced and walked around with the coaches. Then, afterwards, we came home and went to bed. Saturday was filled with laziness, by everyone. The kids fell asleep in the living room the night before and when they woke up, they reached over and got their DS's, and just didn't move, at all. Meanwhile, I snow blowed the driveway, shoveled the steps, came inside and cleaned, and baked the worlds ugliest cake :) Then, the kiddos and I headed out to my parents house for a little party for my dad's birthday( Bee was feeling sickly).  They even had presents for little man for his birthday. We watched the Steelers game (Lord have Mercy. I think that game aged me 2 years...) We left at around 11 Saturday night and when we got home, we all crashed. Even Bee, who sweetly waited up for us.

Sunday, we got up and all went to church. Well, except J. Then, we got lunch, brought it home, ate, and then I took J to go pick up her boyfriend. When we got back to the house, our friend Miss T and her family stopped over for a visit. All the kids played, we sat and talked and had a great time. When they left around 8pm, it was then punishment time because the kids had done nary a chore this weekend. They all turned over their DS's in exchange for Chore lists for today, their day off. After that, they scattered for bed and Bee and I headed off that way too.

Now, for a whole other week. Blah!

1 comment:

Amander said...

Glad you are "back" (even though you weren't gone very long).

And I'm glad Bee's finger is healing!