Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's a rainy day, It's a rainy day....

"I wish that I could go out to play..."

Ha, every time it rains, I think of that little song from Sesame Street and then I think of my mom. Who still sings it, to this day, every time it rains.

I really do want to go out any play though. It's been a long cold winter. I am a fan of my house, and like hanging out there, but I would rather do it outside, or at least with the windows open. It's about this time of year that the idea of the air just recirculating in my house drives me batty. I have even been known to crack a window when the mercury starts to hover around 50.

To me, there is nothing better than a lazy summer day. I would spend that day outside basking in the sun, gardening. Gardening is something I have never done, but in the quest for something that I can be good at, I am going to give it a whirl this year. After playing in the dirt, I would walk three houses over and take a swim with my friends in their pool. Then, crack open a cold one and lay in the sun. When that got too hot, I'd jump back in the water. If my friends weren't home, I'd drive the 1/4 mile to the beach and lay out there. After my nap, I'd come home and put some burgers, or even better, STEAK on the grill and then we would eat outside on the deck. Later, we would move the party to the front porch where there is a nice porch swing and some shade and enjoy a few cold ones while watching the sun set.

I miss summer. It's so beautiful in my little town in the summer.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm dreaming of summer too! I'm happy that it's already March...not too much longer! :)