Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Married and Domestic :)

So, now that I have a sweet new fridge, and actually have food that is inside of it, Maybe I should start cooking real meals again ;) It's good practice. I am going to start cooking healthy meals for the whole family starting the week after Valentine's Day. Why then? Well, Bee is going out on a boys hunting trip and BFF Rose and I are going to have an orgy of fried foods and beer that weekend. Figure, I'll be ready to eat something good for me by then :)

Yesterday, I got up, browned a roast in my new "Orgreenic" pan (The jury is still out on if it works or not), and put it in my handy dandy crock pot. Then, I cut up two onions in thin slices, squeezed some of my minced "squeezeable" garlic, some fresh rosemary, salt and pepper, and a half a cup of black coffee. Set it so it would turn on at 11 am, and left for work. When I got home, my house was filled with yummy smells and my roast was so tender you could cut it with a fork!

I then cut up red potatoes into bite sized pieces. Covered them generously with a stick of melted butter and added salt, pepper, and garlic. Popped those babies in the oven at 400 degrees for 35 minutes while I made desert.

This... This was desert ;)




Cream cheese stuffed, cinnamon monkey bread. It was sooo good. Let us all take a moment and bow our heads and give thanks to the Lord, Our God, for Pinterest. :D

The NEXT step is to try and make the meal I cook slightly more healthy ;) Baby steps.... lol!

No comments: