Monday, June 7, 2010

Wonderful Weekend Wee-Cap...err, I mean Recap :)

Last week seemed to fly by since we were all off Monday. Weird though, because coming back after a holiday weekend usually makes the week drag. Friday night, Bee called me on my way home from work. He was all up in a tizzy because the field we were going to be using for Saturday's game, our Home Opener that wasn't at home due to Scheduling conflicts with the school where we play, wasn't ready. Worse yet, since it was Friday night and all of the maintenance people are now gone for the evening, it was OUR responsibility to get it ready.

We usually have a 7pm home game start time because our stadium as lights. However, since this field did not, we were at 4pm. They had mowed the lawn for us, but did not pick up the grass clippings, so at 6:30pm Friday night, Bee, the kiddos, Bee's co-owner, his wife, their kids, and yours truly were out there raking grass off of the field.

We had a leaf blower, and three rakes, so the kiddos played, and the two oldest boys and myself raked while Bee worked the leaf blower and his co-owner and wife started marking the field. It was hot. The temperature wasn't as bad as the humidity, but we survived. We managed to get most of it, but still had to come back in the morning. Bee and I went home and ate (kiddo's left early with the other kids and ate), and then went to bed, only to get up at 6:30am to be back at the field by 7am. We finally got it all raked and lined and it looked pretty decent :)

We then had enough time to grab a bite to eat, run home, shower, and get ready for the game. The game started and while we showed promise in the first half, we lost it, and ended up losing the game 22-7. However, my girl Caitlyn, our kicker, who I love like my own child, kicked and made her very first field goal!!! Words can not express the feelings of accomplishment that she felt, the team felt, and I felt!! I even teared up when it happened! haha! She had been practicing so hard and working with the other kickers. When she nailed that extra point and split the uprights, that little stadium erupted into cheering, mostly from her team mates, and I think they literally carried her off the field on their shoulders! On the side lines there were lots of high fives, helmet slapping, and face mask grabbing of my little Caitlyn. That's it, she's one of them now. :) She is also the first female in the history of semi-pro football to score any points. Way to go Caitlyn!!! Enjoy your piece of Semi-Pro History :)

After the game was over, I ran onto the field and kissed my Bee good bye, and got in the car and headed out to BFF Rose's Sister's house. When I arrived, we had cake and ice cream to celebrate both BFF Rose's son and BFF Rose's nephew's graduation. Then we spent some time visiting and hanging out with her family. Her mom and dad were in from Florida and her Grandma and Grandpa (who are in their 90's!) were in from Arizona. After we spent some time hanging out with them, we stopped off at this bar we used to hang out at all the time to see if anyone we knew was there. Plus, there is a cute bouncer there that has the hots for me (He's married. I have a Boyfriend. We both love our partners and would NEVER cheat...but it's fun to flirt and be flirted with sometimes :) ) We chatted with him, shared a red bull (Alcohol and I are on a "break" lol!) then headed home because after being up at 6:30am, by 1am, it had been a looonnngg day!




We got up and were out of the house by 9am. We stopped and got dunkin Donut's coffee (my fav!) and headed back to BFF Rose's sisters house for breakfast. Once we ate and got the graduate motivated to get dressed and out the door, we were on the road! There were 599 kids in his class!!! The ceremony was held down town at the Convocation center. We had some time to kill after dropping him off, so BFF Rose and I went to visit my brother at work (he works across the street). It was good to see him. He seems to be handling the loss of his friend ok, which makes me feel better


BFF Rose's son graduated with honors and it was a very emotional moment for my friend to watch her one and only child graduate High School. I am glad I was invited to be there and share in the moment. :) It made me think too. I was a junior in high school when he STARTED kindergarten :) I met her when he was just 11 years old :) Hehe :) He is off to college to room with his best friend and cousin. It's only an hour away, so he'll be close in case he "needs" his mom, or she needs him lol! Afterwards, we went out to a hibachi restaurant where we shared good foods and many laughs!







After dinner, I said my goodbyes, and hopped back in the car to make the hour drive home. I REALLY missed Bee. :) I mean, I had a great time with BFF Rose and I can't wait until we get some more girl time together, but I just wish she lived closer so I could get my alone "friend time" with her, yet still make it back to go to bed with Bee for the night. Bed time is Bee's and mine couple time. It's the only time of the day where it's just us and it's when we have our little talks and love on and bond with each other (I'm not even talking about sex, in fact, that rarely happens at "bed time" for us lol!). However, we should have more of that alone couple bonding time over the next few weeks because "Her" parents asked to have the kids for a few weeks to take them camping, to see their mother, and to do other fun summer things with them. Bee dropped them off Sunday afternoon and so now we are kid-free for at least the next 2 weeks. In this time, Bee promised me : Motorcycle rides, date nights filled with dinner and movies, and time spent dedicated to the house and getting it sorted and packed! YAY!



All in all, it was a great weekend filled with fun, friends, bonding, and love and I can't wait to see what next weekend has in store!!






Apparently, seeing me made my brother remember to go visit my mom and dad. lol! So, he did, and my sister sent me this! All I can say is my brother makes beautiful babies! ;)



1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I'm so jealous...couple time? What's that? :) Enjoy your next couple of weeks!