Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Day Book #17

Today is...
July 14th, 2010

Outside My Window...
Sunny and a 81 degrees with 90% humidity...my hair isn't pretty today, Folks.

I am Thinking...
about the house...and how badly I just want to get the ball rolling so I can find out if we even GOT it. I am in limbo! I don't want to look at other houses because it makes me feel like I am cheating on "our" house.Yet, the 3+ bedroom houses move quick out here so I don't want to NOT look either...ooohhh Cmmmmonnnn Walt! Put some hustle in your bustle! In the meantime, so I don't drive Bee and the kiddos crazy, I've been cleaning. Well, it probably drives the kids crazy because when I clean, they aren't allowed to touch anything fora a few days until the "newness" of "clean" wares off and I am not so uptight about it. Although, ask them how I get nebby with them almost everyday when I get home from work because the Kitchen and Living room are out of place! However, I have decided, that if I let the little things slack, it will be no time before we are at sty level again...just wait until we get to the new house...oh brother!

I am thankful for...
the fact that Hefty makes an "oh-my-God-you-could-fit-a-body-in-there" sized garbage bag!


What I have learned this week...
Children are basically all the same. If you go back 150 years, I bet they'd basically be the same then as they are now, too. Just MUCH better toys...


I am wearing...
Jeans, yellowish-green tank top, tan two-button sweater. Black Flip Flops.

I am creating...
a knot in the pit of my stomach that won't go away until we are moved and unpacked in whatever place we end up.

I am going...
to pray we get this house. Pray my bonus comes soon. Take Bee and the kiddos to "The Point" as soon as my bonus comes in (surprise to the kiddos), buy new jeans because Holy Christ on a Cross do I need some, and possssibly get my hair done.

I am reading...
my email every 5 minutes to see if Walt has emailed me yet!

I am hoping...
Bee wins his game on Saturday, Caitlyn gets to kick again and SCORES every time, Walt emails me and we get this house, My Bonus comes, aaannd we get this house!

I am hearing...
Office Chatter


Around the House...
Well, I cleaned Little Man's room last night. It was atrocious. There was stuff ankle-high from the door to the closet and until last Sunday, there was stuff in the closet boob-high on me ( IE: over little man's head). Bee told the kids to clean it out. He wanted them to clean out the closet, and clean the room. They took everything out of the closet and then left all the junk everywhere and told me they were "done". After exchanging some text messages with Bee because the kiddos didn't understand how I could have gotten dad's instructions confused, we got it all sorted out and they they had the task of cleaning it all up. Well, flash forward to yesterday morning when I peeked in their room and it looked worse than three days ago and they're are supposed to be giving two hours a DAY to work on it. I say work, they say "slave labor". Listen folks, I don't like change. At. All. Moving? Causes internal turmoil and my "nesting", left-brained, personality goes into overdrive. We may be moving as early as AUGUST FIRST!!! If I had my way, we'd have the whole house packed up and on a truck by now, but instead NOTHING is done. I saw that mess and I think I died a little inside. I called Bee on my way to work and told him to keep the kids home last night and we were going to clean it Together READ: I was going to clean it as they watched in horror. He laughed and told me "No Mercy, Baby. No. Mercy." That's the thing about Bee, the children come from his loins and therefore he is a softy with them. I however, am not :) Not that I am mean, but when I threaten an action or a punishment, I follow through 100% of the time versus Bee's 97%. 5 giant garbage bags (6 if you count the large one still the the house with old clothes in it), and 5 laundry baskets later, and his room is soo clean you could (almost) eat off the floor. Unless you are little man, and then you probably would..but then again, he would have done that before it was cleaned. 7 year olds just have different priorities. Next on my list : Dining room of doom, and Basement of Horror. "C" can clean her own room. She does a decent job. Mainly because she spends all of her time in Little Man's room helping him mess it up. Side Note: I did leave him SOME things, but the up side is that even if he took all the things I left him and dumped them in the middle of the room, he'd just have 6 things on the floor ;) Bee said, "NO MERCY".


One of my Favorite things this week...
Bee Changed my Oil this week! He saved me $60.00 easy. Those bastards always get me coming and going. He is the first man I have ever been with who not only has a real knowledge of cars, but also actually will work on mine for me! And I even dated a mechanic once! Who left me on the side of the road, broken down, because he refused to answer the phone when I called during "me time".

A Picture Thought...
This week's Picture thought is a little dated, but I still love it. Missing my broham lately...anyway, this was him the day he met his daughter. They've been pretty much inseparable ever since. :)

No comments: