Alright, so in the in hopes of keeping this blog interesting for the two of you who read it, I've decided to try out something new. I've seen on a few other blogs, they do a list of 13 things about any given topic (or none at all!) on Thursdays. I liked the idea, and even better, it had it's very own graphic. I like graphics. They are close enough to pictures for me, and well, pictures are always a good thing. Besides, I am a fan of lists, and have always felt like the number "13" got the shaft.
To kick off my very first Thursday 13, today's topic is going to be, well, Me. :) I've come to realize that while this is my blog, I spend the majority of my time talking about Bee, the kids, or my family. I haven't really shared too much about me as a person, so....without further ado....
- I spent most of my teenage years grounded. No. Seriously. From 6th grade until I graduated, the only time I WASN'T grounded was summer vacation (well, once again, not completely true...I spent a lot of that in trouble too.) and the first 5 weeks of school. Once interim reports came out, I was sunk. I was REALLY smart, and I blame that. I was bored. School was not fun, and I preferred to talk to my friends about cute boys rather than listen to anything a teacher had to say.
- Some of the things I did would probably make my mother pale if she knew about them. I can bet you the worst things I got caught doing, were mild compared to what I got away with.
- I totally revert back to being 5 years old at Christmas time, which for me, starts Black Friday.
- At age 4, if you asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, my answer was always "He-Man". I Had the haircut and all...
- I've always been close with my mama, but a daddy's girl at heart.
- My first job was a "Ham Show-er Girl" during the Easter Holiday Season for Honey Baked Ham. I was 14.
- My first dog's name was Barfey. Yes. "Barfey". It was a poodle. I made that dog so wild and hyper, that my mom had my dad take Barfey to the pound one day while I was at my Aunt Janie's. I came home and she told me that when she opened the door for the mail, he took off. I made my dad drive me all around town for weeks while I called out the window, "Baaaarrrrrrffffyyy!!!"
- It wasn't until I was 24 that I found out that Barfy didn't actually run away...
- When I was 4, I won a 75lb hollow chocolate Rabbit from a local candy store. It was one of those "Fill out this card and you could win THIS" type contests. My mom has a picture of me kneeling next to my rabbit (it was 3ft tall) and the look on my face was priceless.
- I got REALLY upset when my dad cut Mr. Rabbit up and put him in zip lock bags and my mom game them away to people who came to the house.
- I am a proud volunteer of the U.S.O. and have been since August 2002. If you are not sure who or what the are, check them out here!
- I've always wanted to be an athlete
- I've NEVER been on an airplane before. I really want to go on one :)
Well, there you have it! :)