Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Daybook Entry #5

Today is...
April 21st, 2010.


Outside My Window...
Sunny and in the mid 50's. I'm spoiled. I am spoiled because that is too cold for me now. Even though for this time of year in Ohio, that is un-seasonably warm.



I am Thinking...
About how, right about now, I'd settle for a dull rusty spoon to dig this tooth out of my head.


I am thankful for...
The fact that I do not have said dull rusty spoon. Also, that God Invented Ice, Mouth Wash with anti-septic, and Ibuprofen.

What I have learned this week...
That apparently, I am Little Man's new BFF. I was told, by him, that I would walk him into his school for his first day of Latch Key. He only wants to stay with me and go wherever I go. He talks to me non-stop and has to count the letters and spell every.word.he.hears. to me. He tells me how much he loves my cooking, and every morning asks me how my night was. He brings me treats, and last night, he picked me flowers. I told Bee he should tread carefully. His 7 year old son is upstaging him.


I am wearing...
Old school Chucks, jeans, ruffly tank top, long black sweater, and a ping-pong ball between my jawbone and cheek...oh wait...that's just the swelling....


I am creating...
and ice pack for my face...it seems to be helping. I took Tylenol. The pain seems to be subsiding...I have been icing the ping-ponged size ball of swelling and it seems to be better in just the last 15-20 minutes I have been icing it...


I am going...
To bed when I get home. Ugh. Oh, and Arizona in July. Yay! Just for a visit though. We need to look for jobs, find a place we'd like to live, and whatnot.



I am reading...
"Two from Galilee" by Marjorie Holmes. GREAT book. Still. :) Been kinda busy...



I am hoping...
To get rid of this tooth ache on my own...



I am hearing...
The tapping on keys and it's annoying me...


Around the House...

We are starting the season! First scrimmage wasn't that good, but The guys worked really hard at practice yesterday. They want this. "C" Sprained her wrist getting out of the car last week (yeah, I know...) so, we've had an uncomfortable child the last week or so. Little Man has been my new BFF lately, which under normal circumstances I would be over the moon about it. Which, I am. But this tooth is killing me and my patience is thin with the best intentioned little guy around.


One of my Favorite things this week...
Was Little Man required of me to walk him into his school for Latch Key. Also, when he brought me "flowers" he picked for me yesterday. What a good little boy...


A Few Plans this week...
Get rid of my toothache! Bee winning his pre-season game on this coming Saturday, continue to make dinner every night.


A Picture Thought...

On Saturday, one of the players had an extra hard hat in his car. He has a bunch of them at home (he is with the Local 13 Laborers) and he offered one to Little Man. He, of course took it without hesitation! It's been a chore to get it off his head ever since. He takes it off to shower, and for school. That's it. He even sleeps in it!! According to Grandma Bee, Bee was like that too...



No comments: