Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Daybook Entry #6

Today is...
April 28th, 2010.


Outside My Window...
Sunny and in the mid 50's. It's supposed to warm up to the mid 70's by the end of this week. I can not wait!


I am Thinking...
About my dad. I really don't agree with his diagnosis. It doesn't jibe with me. However, my mom is one of those "What the doctor says is law!" type people and while even though she is taking him to his normal doctor today, I don't think she will fight to get an MRI done. I REALLY do hope it was just an anxiety attack, but it scares me that they would stamp that on him and dismiss him when it's so not characteristic of my dad.


I am thankful for...
The fact that my dad is ok now and feeling better.


What I have learned this week...
That my parents are both mortal and are getting older and that while I hope we don't, there are going to be other scares like this and that someday, they might not come home so lucky :(

I am wearing...
brown sandals, jeans, brown tank top, and brown hoodie.


I am creating...
an idea of some recipes for this coming week. I am thinking cheesy hot dogs tonight with corn maybe? Or maybe I'll get some tater tots on my way home and make those...Mmmm...I love tater tots :)




I am going...
to the team fundraiser on Saturday! Yay! It's going to be all day long. I hope it goes well. I love spending time with the team! They are a great group of guys! Oh, and BFF Rose is going to be there, too!



I am reading...
"Two from Galilee" by Marjorie Holmes. Still. I am trying to find time to read, but it's hard. When I do find time to read, I find myself wanting to do other things.



I am hoping...
That they run better tests on my dad and they come back with good news.

That Bee gets a bee in his bonnet, and we get the basement cleaned out....soon.

That we make decent money and have a good turn-out for the team fund-raiser this weekend. The more we make, the less the guys have to pay to play!

That my parents get their house done and sold soon so they can start relaxing in Arizona!



I am hearing...
Usher's "O.M.G" going round and round in my head. It was on the radio this morning. I hate that song. It seems no one just sings anymore. Everyone uses some sort of synth machine. It's like the 80's all over again...oh Lord, help me! I had the station on alternative music, but Bee keeps putting it on the top 40 station....then complaining every time every song comes on that he "hates" this song, or "This song is soooo overplayed!" and then changes the station...it's like, why bother with it at all?


Around the House...
Bee is all A-buzz (Ha! Like that? ;) ) because "She" sent the kids letters last week. Apparently, she refrained from being "mean", but basically slammed him to kids. She went on and on about how the "court" says (ie: a "jail-house lawyer") he can not keep her letters from the kids (he can. If he feels the letters are "upsetting" or "interfering" with his parenting). She also went on to encourage the kids to get the letters from the mailbox and open them and read them before he can pre-screen them. Which, as a parent, he has full right to screen what his kids read, but more important as the "FULL CUSTODIAL PARENT" he can do whatever he feels is best for them. What upset me was, he reads the letters, gets way pissed about it, and then GAVE THE LETTERS TO THE KIDS! I am sorry, I feel if she can't play by the rules and just simply write a letter to her children to express how much she misses and loves them and that's IT, then she shouldn't be able to have the privilege to have them read her letters at all. I hate. HATE. when parent(s) use their kids as weapons against each other. Grow the eff up. Seriously. Even if he just read aloud to the kids what mom had to say to THEM and left out the parts where she goes on her rants. Whatever. In this situation, I am only aloud to have an opinion I guess...not make decisions... But other than that, things around our hive are going well. Now if only I can train the kids to do their homework right after school instead of me, just happening to think to ask at 8pm and them tell me "Oh...no. I haven't finished it yet..." It's like, why are you watching TV then? DO YOUR HOMEWORK! (Oh my...I sound like my mother...)




One of my Favorite things this week...
Little Man bringing me "get better" "Flowers" (Dandelions), Seeing my sweet baby niece yesterday, and Bee randomly hugging me and telling me he loved me just because I was folding his laundry (apparently, "she" also never lifted a finger to do housework either...) Ok, there's like three favorite things...oh! Four! Poppy coming home yesterday mostly back to normal!


A Few Plans this week...
Fundraiser on Saturday, Bee's 16 year old joining us for her weekend visit, possibly, maybe poking bee enough to get the basement done...


A Picture Thought...

Isabella saying "Hi" after waking up from her nap in her stroller at the hospital yesterday


No comments: