Monday, November 15, 2010

Birthday Hangover

Wow! We had an adventure filled weekend!

And I'm 30. THIRTY! It's weird to say it. I don't feel any different..but yet I do.

I can tell you one thing, I can't hang like I used to.

Friday night, Miss A, Bee, and Grandma Bee all went to the Improv comedy club. We had an 8pm show (I might be on TV! They filmed the whole thing and were getting crowd shots!) and then, we drove out further west to go see Bee's brother's band. By the time we got there (it was right around 10:15pm) I was already tired. Don't get me wrong. I love seeing this band play, but I was so dog tired....I had one beer with Miss A, and we all left shortly there after. Bee drove us all back to our house and I was fast asleep in the back of Grandma Bee's car by midnight.


I think I hear my 24 year old self crying softy and revoking my Rock star card.

Anyway, we came home, went to bed, where I immediately fell asleep in bee's arms while he was still talking to me and monkey toe-ing me. I swear, if something ever happens and he loses his hands, he will be fully functional with his toes. :)

Saturday I was going to sleep in, but the pure excitement of the day woke me at 8am. I made breakfast, did laundry, made the kids go play outside because they were driving me crazy, took C's uniforms and equipment back to her coach, and got back home to take a shower. I got ready, and still had 3 hours until BFF Rose was going to be there! She did eventually get there and we headed off to get my tattoo, which was my present from BFF Rose.

I'm not gonna lie. I was nervous. I don't like pain and I am kind of a wuss. As first, I also didn't like that I couldn't watch (that would be the control freak in me...), but in the end, I think it worked out better :) On a scale from 1-10, 10 being the most pain I have ever experienced, I would rank this between a 4 and a 6 depending on what part he was working on and where it was. After he was done, it felt like a mild sunburn. Not bad at all :) I am VERY happy with it :)

We came home, and Bee got back from his meeting and brought me for my birthday: A tube of anti-bacterial stuff for my tattoo, a 2 liter of Diet Coke, Lindor truffles (my FAVORITE), a polo shirt like his that I tired to steal, a card that he actually wrote words on that made my eyes leak a little bit, and a potted rose bush :) Then, even though he was tired and wanted to play his new game the rest of the night, he went to the bar with BFF Rose and I and was our Diet coke drinking DD :) BFF Rose and I had several drinks and ate copious amounts of bar food. I barely made it to midnight though. I was soo tired. We did a shot for my birthday, and then came home. Passed out again a happy happy girl.

This was my card that Little Man made for me. It was wrapped around
my Present!
Sunday was to be my day of rest. We slept in until 9:30am. Then, after some "suggestive selling" from BFF Rose and I, Bee made us breakfast. After that, I did laundry, cleaned my kitchen, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher about 8 times, AND cleaned out Bee's dresser, all while visiting with BFF Rose before she headed home for the day. I got dinner in the oven and then a couple we're friends with came over and we hung out and had dinner. It was a late night, but that's ok because we all had a good time :)
He made it with his Bionicales. Then, proceeded to make me about 15 more gifts
throughout the day :)

Today I sit here, wanting to nap for the next 2 days, but I know I can't. Another side effect of growing older...being so tired, yet too many responsibilities to sleep!

No comments: