Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Boredom Ensues

Today is lame.

There is nothing to do at work. I mean, absolutely nothing. I sit on a little island all to myself with my back and therefore my computer screen facing the rest of the office. They are really laid back here and we are allowed to surf the web when there is down time, but, with as much down time as I have, I feel uncomfortable "showing" the office just how little I have to do.

Little more than an hour to go. I have exhausted all the things I do to look busy. This includes what little actual work I had on my desk this morning. To most people, that sounds like a dream job, and it kinda is. However, at least when you are busy, the time doesn't seem to drag on.

At least with all this time on my hands I can help "B" with football stuff. It's fun, actually. Between yesterday and today I Have managed to set up a fundraiser for the end of the month. I have made flyer's as well. They are a little lame looking, but we only have limited access to things on our computer. When I go home tonight, I will try and make a more eye-catching one. Now, to get local business to donate door prizes and we're all set.

I have decided I need to drop forty more pounds. Days like today, don't really help. I am bored. Boredom breeds "busy eating". With Girl Scout Cookies in, I have been doing a lot of that. Tonight, "B" and I are going to the gym he has a membership at. They have a daycare center to drop the kids at. YAY! There is a decent fitness center in my apartment building. I don't even have to go outside to use it. When "B" and I were broken up, I was down there every night. I grew to love my little gym routine. Ever since Christmas though, I have fallen out of the habit and grown lazy. Well, more so than before ha ha! I just want to get to the point where my jeans are comfortable again. Everything after that is a bonus!

It is beautiful out today. It's a bummer I had to spend most of it inside. It also sucks I had to spend it bored out of my mind instead of outside being productive. Or not. Even just sitting on my balcony with a good book would have been better than sitting here all day wasting, wasting, wasting it away.

My Mom is cruel...while the sun did shine for a little bit today, it's still early in the season and we see a lot of grey days. She is in Arizona and she sent me this via text message today...



I can't wait to move there...

No comments: