Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spelling, and why I love my life

So, I'm not a mom. I don't have any kids...yet. However, "B" had three lovely kids, two of which live with him full time. Since I spend almost every day with him and the kids (with the exception of work and school), I have kinda taken over "mom-ly" duties. I don't mind actually. I love the kids. Like I said in a previous post, I treat them as they were my own. I don't have any experience being a mom, but I have spent more than enough time babysitting, being a day care teacher, and dating men with kids to have a pretty good idea of what I am doing....right?

"Little Man", "B"'s youngest child has just turned seven. His new thing is spelling. He LOVES to spell. All he wants to do is spell every word he hears. It's kinda cute, really. He spells to himself, to "B" and me, and his sister "C". He is constantly asking us "How do you spell...". Kid is smart as a whip. I hope he doesn't keep asking me to spell words as he gets older, my spelling is suspect at best, HA! Thank God for Spell Check or I would never survive. His other new thing having "B" or I pray with him before bed. It's adorable! "Little man" Also likes adding numbers. Like I said, Smart as a whip. I guess that's what happens when your mom has an I.Q. in the Genius spectrum and your dad is one point away from being there too.

In other news, today was an exciting day. I was busy at work doing personal things because we have been really slow. I am hoping things pick up. It should. Spring is here and that is our busy season....

Anyway, "B" is part owner of a semi-pro/minor league football team. He is also a player. This means he is super busy with football all year long. Their season is just starting. Semi-Pro starts in May, usually. Since I am not doing too much, he asked if I could help coordinate a fundraiser for the team. I accepted because in reality, I have nothing better to do. Not to mention, I love the team and it's players just as much as he does. They are like family. Best bunch of guys you will ever meet. "B" also likes when I help because it takes more stress off of him.

Also, today, I looked up jobs on line for "B" and I. My two aunts, and one cousin live out in Arizona. My mom went to go visit back in February and fell in love with it out there. I have wanted to move out there since I heard my aunt was living out there but never wanted to leave my mom and dad. As a child, I didn't have grandparents because they died when I was young or before I was born and was so jealous when my friends would go visit their grandparents. I swore I would never live far from my parents so that my future children would be able to see their grandparents whenever they wanted. Well, they have decided to move to Arizona. They are fixing up the house as soon as my mom gets home (she was supposed to be home March 7Th but got delayed due to her and my aunt getting really sick. With Spring break, travel in March is out of the question, so she is coming home April 1) and putting it on the market ASAP. They are hoping to be out there permanently by the first of the year or at least by the middle of 2011.

I found TONS of jobs out there. I have discovered in just my peeking, that for the most part the jobs pay way better, and rent is way cheaper. "B" and I are both considering jobs with Border Patrol. I would like to find a government job at least, even if it's not with the Border Patrol.

I think Arizona will do well for both of us and the kids. We can go somewhere where no one knows us (OK, yes, I understand, my family, cousins, and two aunts are out there...but I am referring to "B" mostly) so there are no pre-judgements. No stares while at the grocery store. No worries going out to eat that the waitress knows him from when he was with "her", No assumptions or "pity" for the kids. They will be treated as normal kids for the first time in a long time. Plus, "B" and I can start our life together in a place that is all our own. We can get dishes that WE pick out, Set up our house the way WE want, Decorate how WE want. And just be happy. Then, we can think about a wee-one!!!! :D

I am soo excited about what my future holds. I am excited about football season with my guys. I am excited about my mom coming home and helping her, my father, and my sister get the house ready for the market. I am excited about my future with "B", and excited about the idea of living where there is warm weather!!

Did you know, Arizona has 350 days a year of sunshine?? And that the average temperature in the winter is 60 degrees?

God, I love my life! Everything seems to be falling into place now :)

No comments: