Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Catching up and Format issues

The Past couple of days have been a little hectic.

Sunday, "B" and I spent the day with the kids, and then dropped them off at Grandma's for a little bit while we went to a concert at a local club my brother works at. It was nice to get out, just the two of us. It's been a little while since we were able to do that. We met a hilarious drunk couple. We intended (Or at least I intended) to stay for the whole show. But, half way through the first act I was informed that he only wanted to stay for the first band. I was going to protest, but if we left after they got off stage, then we would have enough time to go get the kiddos and make it back to his house before it was super late. Otherwise, we'd all be crashing at Grandma's and getting up at 4am to go home. I was not looking forward to THAT, so I agreed.

Halfway through the first act (Technically, the 2nd act...there was a guy with a guitar that came out first for about twenty minutes and did cover tunes) "B" looks at me and says, "I kinda am done. I kinda want to go get my babies and go home and snuggle with you instead of being here." I agreed and we left.

We were walking down the alley to the car joking about walking down a dark ally, just the two of us, at night, downtown, and how if we told our friends, they would gasp at the sheer craziness of us doing just that. "Aren't you scared you'll get robbed?!?!? they'd say. But no. We weren't scared. We are "Billy Bad Asses!"

We get to "B"'s car and he unlocks it with his little key fob. I open my door first and that's when I know something is wrong. My seat is not how I left it. It's got stuff dumpped into it. That's when I look up at his dashboard and notice what's missing. Someone broke into his car :(

They took his radar detector, his ipod, and his ipod accessories. They ripped the cord right off the tape converter thingy. He was upset for a minute but said in the end, he was just happy we were both ok. He took losing his ipod well. He said,

Baby, I think this is God's doing."

"You think God stole your ipod?! Baby, I think if God wanted an ipod that badly, he'd make a much sweeter one then you had..and I'm sure he wouldn't have had "Air Supply" on it."

"No, Silly! I've "had" three ipods since "she" left for prision. They were ones she had bought for her, her son, and me with what I later found out was stolen money. All three of those ipods have now been stolen"

"Oh. Good Point"


So, he popped the "Zac Brown Band" cd into the cd player and we held hands and chatted about our future the whole way home. He informed me how his is 100% sure now on moving with me to Arizona. When we picked up the kids, he told his mom we were going and we'd like it if she came too. She was a little hesitant, but told him do what makes him happy and she would probably come out after we got settled. He seemed to be at peace with that.

We went home, put the kiddos to bed, and we went to bed shortly there after. He said that the night's events made him think of a few other things in the house "she" bought with stolen money. He said he thinks he is going to donate them to the Church, or some other charitable organization. He wants to rid himself of the old "bad" things and start fresh. I agreed. Sometimes I think God allows bad things to happen to us so that we can call on Him for support, or so that we can finally hear a message He has been trying to tell us. Sometimes, we just need something Earthly to get our attention....

Yesterday I ran out to my parents house after work. Well, actually, I ran to my house first. Gathered some clothes and things I wanted. I want to start putting my CD's on my MP3 player. I have a metric ass-ton of CD's...I want to see how far I can get loading them on my MP3 player before I run out of room. It won't take long I'm sure. I only have 8GB. I easily have over 200 CD's. Unfortunatly, they are just not travel friendly.

I went to see my sister and dad after that. My mom sent home some suveniers from her trip to Arizona and I had some "loot" over there so I went for a visit and to get my treasures! My mom sent me a beautiful charm braclet, a picture frame (which makes me think of my boss...it's horse themed...she owns and shows horses...) a key chain and t-shirt. My aunt sent me a beautiful coat. All in All, good Booty, found I! Arrgh! (Why I am talking like a pirate, I don't know ha!)



Some of the lovely things my mom sent me. Yay, MOM!


Lastly, I noticed one of my friend's blogs that I couldn't leave her comments. I have also noticed that if I view my blog as an "outsider" I can't get to the comment form. This bugs me. I did a little research and apparently, if you don't use "Blogger's" Templates, the comments are coded in the HTML code to be "Turned off". Why this is, I have no idea.

Anywho, Blogger gives an HTML code to fix it, but I have yet to figure out how to insert it and where to fix the problem. While I have not messed with it at length (I'm at work right now), I'm sure I can figure it out. I'm not that great with HTML stuff though, so if I can't figure it out, I guess I'll have to switch to one of Bloggers templates (gag!) If any of "you" (I say "You" in quotations because I don't think anyone even reads this blog...) figure out how to fix it, I would totally be your BFF if you told me how you did it! :D

Well, I am going to go to lunch now. I will probably blog again later today/tonight. There has been an entry swimming around in my head that I would really like to put out there. Until then...

Ciao!

No comments: