Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend Recap

Wow! We sure had a busy weekend! It was fun though. Nice to get out of the house and be doing something. I tend to hibernate in the winter, so when spring gets here, it's nice to have places to go and things to do. Bee and I got to spend a lot of quality time together as well...without kiddos! :)

Friday night, Bee's Mom picked up His 16 year old and the two young ones and took them to her house. After I got out of work, Bee and I drove out to the "West Side" for the football team fundraiser. We had a blast! Good turn out too! We sold 65 tickets at $20.00 a person! We all had some adult beverages and good food followed by dancing with a groovy Disco band. I got to see my "BFF Rose" too! She came out since we were partying near her house.

After we left, Bee and I were too tired to make it all the way back to his house. So, we crashed at my apartment. It was nice. I love my apartment but since Bee and I Have gotten back together, I am almost never there. Because of that fact, I think someone thought they could go ahead and park in my assigned parking spot that I pay for every month. This didn't make me too happy. I marched right up to security and demanded they rectify the situation right away. Bee, and the security guards thought I was hilarious. I am sure I was a silly sight, but it really did make me mad. I DO pay for that if I chose NOT to park there (IE: Stay at my boyfriends house) then, That doesn't give you the right to park in my spot. After I complained, Bee and I went upstairs and went to bed.

Saturday, we rose roughly at 10:30am and grabbed a few diet cokes and hit the road. Stopped at Bee's just long enough to grab his paperwork, and hit the DMV. He got his stickers, and off we went to pick up the kids at his moms. We stopped in and visited for a bit and chatted with his brother (My "band Friend") and his fiance who were in town for the night. They invited us to come see the cover band play. We said we'd go (forgoing "The Ball" which I was ok with. I would take seeing a band play over "The Ball" anyways..). We grabbed some lunch, and hit the road towards home.

When we got back to Bee's house, I realized I left my phone at my apartment :( A couple hours later, we left for his practice, and while he was there, I went and grabbed my phone and got back in time for them to be finishing up. We went home and got ready to go see his brother's band.

The band was a lot of fun. They are a cover band who mostly plays 80's music, but with a "Metal" edge to it. Plus they do other silly songs "Metal'ed" up just to be funny such as Tiffany's "I think we're alone now..", Britney Spears, and Kelly Clarkson. The crowd was huge! It was wall to wall humanity. Some pretty interesting sights to see...but it was a good time. Bee and I helped his brother pack up after the show and then hit Taco Bell before heading home. We talked on the way home...and I always love our little chats :) They always leave me with my heart smiling.

Sunday, We got up just as the kids were getting ready to launch another spaceship to the moon via the living room. At least I was already up. I've been looking at houses in Tucson where our room would be off by itself...FAR from the living room :). At any rate, Bee's mom wanted to take all of us out for dinner for Bee's birthday. Alas, His 16 year old had to be home by 6pm and I had to get in a visit with my family. So, since it would be too much running around, he stayed with the kids and went to dinner with his mom and I went out to see my family. I spent 7 hours of good quality time with them and even got to see my new baby niece again! After visiting, I headed back out to Bee's where we wound down from the day together and eventually hit the hay.

All in all, a good weekend! I can't wait for this upcoming one, though. It's supposed to be sunny and almost 80 degrees!

No comments: