Sunday, March 14, 2010

When we move..

I am soooo making sure that the bedroom "B" and I share is located as far away from the living room as possible. Either that, or I am destroying the surround sound system a la' Ralphie's mother and the leg lamp in the Christmas Story.

Even on the lowest possible volume, this thing shakes the walls. "B" loves it. I fully understand the need to have all things manly (Surround Sound, X-Box, Big TV, Man-Chair) but when they interrupt my sleep....this makes me upset. Today wasn't too bad...the kids waited until 10am before having a space shuttle launch from the living room...but yesterday? Not cool.

I can't start seriously looking for places to live until my lease is closer to being up. I have until September. I really want to look in Arizona..."B" isn't 100% sold on that idea yet....I gotta work on that. The thing is, we both HAVE to make at least what we make out here (from what I hear and see, that won't be too difficult). We need a four bedroom place. I plan on having a baby in the next years and I would really hate to have to move if we get a three bedroom place. Plus, "B" is trying to get his mom to come with us. If he can convince her, He would be 100% on and would leave tomorrow if we could...We have to work on bird...


Can I just say, I have a love/hate relationship with the Xbox. Sure, it's cool. I'll admit that. Oh the one that "B" has, you can go online, watch movies, download games, Text, talk to people, play games with people...all around a cool little device.

I'll talk first on why I hate it, because that list is actually shorter. I hate it because when hooked up to the Surround Sound, it's LOUD. I don't like loud things...unless I am someplace where it's supposed to be loud (IE: Fireworks, Tractor Pulls, in the middle of a battle field..etc). It also sucks allll the attention of everyone in this house and sticks them to their seats all day long. Therefore, cleaning doesn't get done, messes get made because "B" can't pull himself away and lets the kids fix their own lunch or snack, unsupervised, and they make a mess and walk away. And lastly, because he gets so in to it that when the kids want to talk to him or ask him something he loses his patience with them.

Those are all valid reason to dislike the Xbox, but I really don't mind it that much. Most girlfriends/wives get pissed that their man plays video games. I like to watch. It gives him something innocent to be engulfed in. A lot of times, when he is by himself, he would rather stay in and play Xbox than go out to a bar with the boys. I figure, the Xbox will get him into less trouble. This also gives him something to focus on while I blog, surf the web, read, or do the things I like to do to relax at night and I don't have to feel like I have to give him all of my attention.

It's the same thing with his football team. I listen to other players wives and girlfriends get pissed because their guy wants to play. I feel them on some of the resentment. It takes up a lot of time. Between two practices a week, and then games every Saturday, that's a lot of time your man isn't home helping with the house and the kids. Plus the expense to play can be a bit much for some. However, Football is something the whole family can be involved in. I would rather have my man out there on the field playing a game he loves with his friends and I can go watch and enjoy it with him, then have him out a a bar or strip club every weekend with the boys. At least with the Football, I can be involved too.



combining two of his loves for an ultimate Xbox experience!

Well, that's it for now. I am off to find some coffee...

No comments: