Friday, October 22, 2010

Coffee! Where for art thou?

Oh my lands, I need my coffee this morning. Big time.

Yesterday started out bad. I woke up with a start. It was 6:45am. I totally overslept. Here's the part where I thank God that my kids are totally self reliant. J was up, as usual, and getting dressed and the two little ones can get ready in like 15 seconds if need be.

C had come home from school early the day before saying she had a headache, was dizzy, and had been throwing up. She had been crying the night before her head hurt so bad, so I asked her how she felt. She started crying and said she still was sick and her head hurt bad. I gave her Tylenol, and kept her home from school...which also meant, I stayed home.

My original intention was to take Little Man to latch key, and come home and go to bed. It was rainy, cold, and I was so tired.

Instead, I came home and cleaned. Did all my cleaning I haven't had "time" for. OH I scrubbed, swept, mopped, swiffered, bleached, and windex'ed the crap out of EVERYTHING. I was on a roll fueled by fumes and determination!

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 3:00pm, I collapsed into my chair. My whole house sparkled. My floors were swept, swiffered, mopped or polished. My sinks, and stove and pretty much any other surface your hands touch was bleached. My bathrooms were clean. My bedroom was clean, vacuumed, and my laundry was done.

About 3:03pm, Bee and J walked in the door. I spent the rest of the day running. Making food for all of us, cleaning it all back up, pacing around everyone while they ate warning them if they so much as made a mess...then took C to her practice, then drop one of her team mates off at home, grab J from the football game and then go home (after stopping at the store for bread, peanut butter, and a roll of Rollo's for my sanity), I had to make more food, clean it up, do lunches, and about that time Bee walked in, Hungry.

I fed him, we went to bed, and then I woke up ungodly early.

It'll all be worth it because I am spending then night with BFF Rose. Girl Time!! Then, C's game and Bee's game on Saturday, then to my parents house for Pumpkin carving and dinner. Whew! Sunday Little man has a birthday party to attend, but other than that...REST!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It's so great when you can get on a roll like that...I'm hoping that happens to me today! Have fun with Rose!