Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Daybook #29

Today is...
October 6th, and my house is still not decorated for fall :/

Outside My Window...
It's in the 50's. It's raining. It's the same old song and dance. Although, like my friend pointed out, we don't have to shovel rain...

I am Thinking...
about my Poppy who just had surgery for a hernia repair/gallbladder removal. I am thinking about the wedding we will be attending this weekend, and how I wish Ash and Mark all the love in the world. Their good kids, they deserve it! It also makes me wish Bee would get the lead out and ask me. I am thinking about how I am a fan of planning for the worst. I am always waiting for the "other shoe" to drop when things are going well. I really need to stop that :) Like my Mama says "Making a mountain out of a mole hill". I am thinking about how I want to find a Church in my area. I am also thinking about baking, Mmmmm...I can't wait to decorate, and bake!!
I am thankful for...
the fact my Poppy had his surgery and made it out on the other side. He's in pain, but they are working on getting it under control. Ever since his stroke scare, I get awfully nervous when he has to go to the hospital.
What I have learned this week...
that I am allowed to take a day and relax. My house won't explode.

I am wearing...
Black Boots, Blue Jeans, green tank top, and a black sweater.

I am creating...
a grocery list, that I hope we can take care of this weekend...
I am going...
to my class on Thursday!!!! Then, Ash and Mark's wedding on Saturday! Then Hopefully next weekend will be a night away for Bee and I. Hopefully.

I am reading...
"The Help" :)

I am hoping...
that Bee wants to go to bed at 9pm again tonight! ha!
I am hearing...
one of my "bosses" at work, yammering on about how special she thinks she is.

Around the House...
C's team is still undefeated and have their last regular season game this weekend. Then, it's play offs.We're excited, the coaches are excited, the kids are SUPER excited. Mark and Ash are getting married this weekend and I can't wait to go. I want to dance with my people :) Then, the following weekend, we have Bee's game in West V. I am hoping Grandma Bee takes the kiddos and Bee and I can spend the night out there and get some time to ourselves. Or at least some time around adults. I am super de duper proud my Little Man for only being in the first 6 weeks of second grade and at new school, in a new town, and scoring off the charts when it comes to school. His teacher says he's really smart, a great kid, and is doing most things at a 3rd grade level! We need to work on handwriting a bit, but other than that, my kid could take over. You just can't read his handwriting ;) C got a "Super Star" award for being new and adjusting well, along with being  a good helper and an all around good kid. We haven't seen grades for the two girls yet, but hopefully any day now! In other news, our wood burner and hot water tank both broke. Well, they are half broke, but quickly on the road to being all the way. I informed the landlord and he said both should be fixed by early next week. I feel bad for his pocket book, but still happy that it's not mine that was affected!

One of my Favorite things this week...
Helping J get ready for the Homecoming dance and seeing Little Man's Interim!
A Picture Thought...
J drew this picture. She said homecoming was her inspiration.

No comments: