Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sweetest Sweetie

I agree that Sweetest day is for suckers, but I am still a sucker for it. Of course, I didn't remember until Thursday...

Friday I went to Walmart and bought a card. I was going to get a mostly-lame card that had a demented looking mouse eating a saltine cracker that was in the shape of a heart that said "Happy Sweetest Day". It was the cheapest and most not-annoying card I could find. It was $4.00.

FOUR DOLLARS!

I ended up finding a card that was soo much better for .99 cents. It didn't say "Happy Sweetest Day", but it still was so much better.

Suckers.

Then, I bought him 5   8-packs of mini candy bars, some gummy worms, giant white chocolate candy bar, and a pack of the vanilla double stuffed oreo's.

I wrote sweet nothings in the card, dressed up the gift bag with the candy, and then almost died from the suspense of holding in the secret of a gift. It took all I had not to give him the present Friday or to even tell him he had one.

When the alarm went off at 6am on Saturday, he told me "I'm going to play x-box and get my fix while you get ready, ok baby?"

Then, half awake I handed him the bag to which, all of the blood left his face and he asked me, "wha-wha, what's this?"

"Happy Sweetest day, baby"

"But I didn't even know it WAS Sweetest day!"

I told him not to worry, I figured he did and it was ok because he does soo much for me anyway and that I didn't want anything.

The candy went over REAL well. In fact, the bag hasn't left his side. He took it with him on our road trip, and I think he just may have finally polished off the giant white chocolate bar, and most of the Oreos.

Bee is not a very outwardly affectionate person. I mean, he'll give me a smooch, hold my hand and whatnot, but he is not the type to have my picture at his desk, or put up our picture for his default picture on Facebook. In the past, cards I've gotten him end up in his drawer or on his table where they get buried until I throw them away.

However, when I came out of the bathroom, this is what I saw...



That's the best gift he could have given me. :)


Happy Sweetest Day (belated)

1 comment:

Amander said...

Okay, I've never even HEARD of sweetest day???